Friday, August 04, 2006

Rails on Unbuntu - Mongril or Lightttdp? or Web Rick

I was trying to get Rails working on my Unbuntu computer. After I had read the docs and documentations I saw that my problem was that I was trying to use the Apacher sever which is not the easy one.

I had noticed on the Rubby forums that Mongril is a new severe for making Rails work better and so Lightttdp and Web Rick which is older and is installed automgiaclly by apt-get.

I will be using Web Rick and Lightttdp for my first appslication which is for cooking and recipes.
Lightttdp seems very nice but it is thewrong color for my desktop (fonts are too small ) and the Mongril needs me to use a notepad (like Vimacs) for configging which I am learning myself tonight. So I think I will use Web Rick. !

I will keep you posted!

4 Comments:

At 10:06 AM, Blogger Geoffrey said...

I'm having problems with deploding capastrami. It says that SHHH isn't working or something. Could you help me? I think my computer may be too lowd.

 
At 10:11 AM, Blogger Rails Blob said...

That's easy. Depldment is contingent on having the subwoofer attached to the Web Rick process. I did this and all my Rubby threads were loud enough for me to tie them together and label them with ribbons.

On the other hand, Capastramic is now called SwitchTowel. This is because some Italian mob family resented sharing a name with a Rails utility. They use Javacs to run their underground crime businessess. Typical.

 
At 3:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Go withe Mongril, it is teh best for lokale deplodevent, I should know bettered than DTT, you cen REST asshuered in pace...

 
At 6:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes - the best sever is Mongril and one Apache on top!

And the SHH-SVN capastrami is not for small haxker - only for BMF haxker; trust me - I fight martial arts in 2 weeks with many docs and rdocs and also secret stuff in coders from the PDF gang.

Now I have win and cap deploy all the time I like to !

But I was told by raynegate javacs that switchtowel was old name for cap super class and now they have secret switch to capastrami aggain!

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home