Friday, August 04, 2006

New problems with the W.W.w

I figured out that it was the power unit on my conputer causing the sudo passbox. I deleted the /usr and the /bin from Konqeror and re-installed with my new Unbuntu crroms. The sudo is gone now.

I am trying to be a technical coder and use the Konsole for programming Linus but all the commands are hard to remember! I used ls and cd and man today and then tried the automagic apt-get and now I have to use apechctl2 to be starting the W.W.W. Cool or what!

Now I just have to find out where the W.w.W is on my conputer. It says in the docs that Apacher uses the var and the www for the setup. I think they are in Konqeror and that should be easy.

The thing I am looking forward to is programming with Ruby in Vimacs, a notepad on Linus!

3 Comments:

At 6:52 PM, Blogger rubbbbbby bloob said...

DEAR MR BLOB,A QUICK TIP
i have read on goggle that when running the W.W.W. on your own computer, it is on port hole 80 so might i sugguest you should look in /dev/navyshiips/ports/80??

HOPE THIS HELPS!1

 
At 1:33 PM, Blogger Rails Blob said...

Thanks Rubbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbby Bloob!!

I saw the new porthole on my machine after installing the W.W. w. and now I can web pages out of it with! It is a bit small (and I needid to use a fork to get big pages out of the porthole) but now I have my own W. w.W. servere!

Cheers Blooob!

 
At 4:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Helping make the world's coders more Rubysh - one coder at a time"

well - you definately helped save my day, Mr. Blob :)

I'm Danish too - you know ;)

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home